Was having some problems in 2.0.0-M3a with
exitHereIfFailed, so as per https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/gatling/exithereiffailed/gatling/7ps9ic0g6GY/qWpvDghP4aYJ decided to give the SNAPSHOT a go.
Now I am seeing a lot of my requests failing like this:
java.net.ConnectException: HostnameVerifier exception
A bit of googling suggests this is an issue with the SSL config for AsyncHttpClient. Is there a simple way to configure this for Gatling?
Also is there a plan for another milestone release any time soon?
I’ll fix this for AHC 1.9.0-BETA3 and upgrade Gatling then.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
No problem - thanks for the swift response. Just starting to build a trustStore file as that seems like the only workaround bar patching it myself (which would probably take a while).
I just pushed the AHC upgrade.
Thanks for the quick turnaround!
That possibly fixes the problem, although we are now seeing:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client/Server mode not yet set.
A quick google suggests we need to call
SSLEngine. Any pointers on where to get the instance of SSLEngine from?
Also we had to add an extra dependency to our project:
group:“com.ning”, name:“async-http-client”, version:“1.9.0-BETA3”
I copied this from the
project/Dependencies.scala in gatling, so perhaps this is just a local problem. Before this, we were seeing:
Will fix in an hour or so.
I just released AHC 1.9.0-BETA4 and upgraded Gatling.
Thanks - we’ll try and test it out later this afternoon.
Getting the same issue, and it looks like I’ve got the latest libs:
ahc version = 1.9.0-BETA4
gatling-charts-highcharts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar md5 = 8d46885b90d77a06a97e3a3e8de12996
Apologies for the lack of clarity - getting “java.net.ConnectException: HostnameVerifier exception” again, not " java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client/Server mode not yet set."
I just ran a test with a self-signed certificate website and I got the expected behavior:
- by default, everything runs fine, as acceptAnyCertificate defaults to true
- if I force acceptAnyCertificate to false, I get a “javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem” as expected
You were right, there was still a problem: self-signed certificates where allowed, but non matching hostnames still weren’t.
Thanks! We’ll try this on Monday.
FYI all working now, and latest SNAPSHOT also fixed some cookie problems we were having - thanks
Glad to hear.
Thanks for your feedback.