Can you create a Gaussian timer

hihi,

Is it possible to implement a Gaussian Timer? I see there is a io.gatling.javaapi.core.CoreDsl.normalPausesWithStdDevDuration(Duration). Is this sufficient at the Simulation level to implement a Gaussian timer or do you need to add a pause(min, max) at each of the scenario/API call level.

Regards,
Ciaran

Gaussian is another name for normal distributions, so yes, use normalPausesWithStdDevDuration.

Thanks Stephane. Is only normalPausesWithStdDevDuration required? No extra pauses?
Ciaran

Sorry, I don’t understand the question.

I realized some shortcuts for normal pauses were missing, see Core: shortcuts for normal pauses configuration are missing from setUp · Issue #4365 · gatling/gatling · GitHub

1 Like

Hi Stephane, how are you?
Other than normalPausesWithStdDevDuration (at the Simulation set-up level), do I need to add any other pauses (lower down at the Scenario level)? In the Gatling documentation, it describes normalPausesWithStdDevDuration as ```
// make pauses follow a normal distribution
// where the mean is the value specified in the pause(duration) element.
// and the standard deviation is the duration configured here.

Is pause(duration) defined at the Scenario level?

Regards,
Ciaran

The pause configuration defined at setUp level only tunes the behavior of the pauses defined in the scenarios. It doesn’t add any pauses in the scenario.

1 Like