Could Someone Help with Load Testing Configuration in Gatling?

Hello there,

I am working on setting up load testing for our application using Gatling, and I am facing some challenges with the configuration. I would appreciate any guidance or advice from the community.

Mainly, I’m struggling with:

I am unsure about the best practices for designing scenarios in Gatling to simulate realistic user behavior. Are there any tips or examples you could share?

I need to feed different data sets into my simulations for various test scenarios. What’s the recommended approach for managing and feeding data into Gatling simulations?

I am having difficulty understanding how to set up and use assertions effectively in Gatling to validate the performance of our application under load. Any advice on defining and using assertions would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for recommendations on how to execute Gatling tests in different environments (e.g., local, staging, production) and how to generate meaningful reports to analyze the test results.

Also, I have taken help from this: https://gatling.io/blog/5-steps-to-help-build-your-load-testing-strategy. which I found it very much useful and informative.

If anyone has experience or insights in these areas, I would be grateful for your input.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I am unsure about the best practices for designing scenarios in Gatling to simulate realistic user behavior. Are there any tips or examples you could share?

You have read my previous answer, so irl situation is more likely as my graph showed. But Users are not consistent at a single number, they vary more or less. So you can read “Open Workload Model” to have further understanding about that.

I need to feed different data sets into my simulations for various test scenarios. What’s the recommended approach for managing and feeding data into Gatling simulations?

Various, sometimes you need csv file data to feed, or maybe a jdbc value return. etc…
It’s up to your use case.

I am having difficulty understanding how to set up and use assertions effectively in Gatling to validate the performance of our application under load. Any advice on defining and using assertions would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you tried here, considering reading check

1 Like

Thanks mate for sharing these insights as I found it very much useful and informative.