Create custom Java based extension in Gatling

See first answer to the same question 1.5 year ago https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74891614/create-custom-java-based-extension-in-gatling-version-3-8-4

With version 3.10.4, is it still impossible to create a Gatling extension in Java?

An it’s really impossible?

Since it seems to be possible to extends scala classes or implements scala interfaces in Java, What part is impossible to do?

Note that I don’t know Scala and have very limited knowledge of Gatling

An it’s really impossible?

Gatling’s core is written in Scala. It’s way easier to call Java from Scala than the other way around.
So I’d say it’s still at least complicated.

Note that I don’t know Scala and have very limited knowledge of Gatling

No offense, but I’m not sure you should try to build your own extension then.

We don’t document how to build extensions because at this point we don’t want to provide a public stable API for this. On the contrary, we want to be able to break our internals as much as we want to be able to move forward (and we do).

Either you manage to get how things work on your own by reading the code and how some people have managed to write custom extensions (the ones we’re aware of are listed in our documentation), or you can consider contracting with us so we write it and maintain it for you.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.