Create several virtual users from every virtual user which already has finished

Hello,
I have the following test scenario:

1. A new system is created, it has an unique id
  2. After the system is created around 2-30 tenants are created on this system. Further operations are being executed on these tenants.
  3. The tenants are being deleted.
  4. Finally the systems are to be deleted.

I would like to create a test which will create more than 100-200 systems concurrently and also the resulting operations on the tenants will be concurrent (there will be more that 1000 tenants). Is it possible to define this with Gatling. I am relatively new to Gatling, I read the docu but I am not pretty sure whether this is possible.

Best regards, Daniel.

Hi @asdf,

Not sure to understand your use case.
Several users already wrote simulation with a single user in a “admin” scenario that create data (credentials) for other virtual users in a “user” scenario. Taking care of the sequentiality with andThen.

So… in your case, the first scenario will create “systems” and “tenants”. The second scenario will be the definition of the tenant. And perhaps you will need a third scenario to delete tenants and systems.

Does that help?

Cheers!

Hello @sbrevet ,
As I understand it then I need ‘n’ virtual users to create systems, them ‘n * m’ virtual users to create the tenants and execute other operations (finally delete them) and finally ‘n’ users to delete the systems - i.e. I need to have one “injection profile” to create the systems, one injection profile to create and operate the tenants and a third one to delete the systems?

Should all virtual users which create systems be finished before the second “injection profile” can start?

How do I pass the data between the “injection profiles”, i.e. for every system there are “m” tenant virtual users to use this system. All I can think is to store the data in a list or file and have a custom feeder for the second “injection profile”

Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards, Daniel.

Hi @asdf,

Really, I don’t know if you need one or n virtual users for creating “systems”. It really depend on your system if it make sense that there is only one admin or if an admin by system, etc.

If you “communicate” between scenarios by feeders, you will need to ensure that user that reads from the feeder won’t starve (the feeder shouldn’t be empty when the user will read).
Otherwise, it really depend on your test. Perhaps you want to test that some user are in their “system” during admin continue to create other “system”?

To go further, I advise you to begin to play with Gatling DSL and try different things. In case of difficulties, you will be able to show us what you’ve done and we will be able to help you.

Did you read the documentation and follow the academy?

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.