Hopefully I’ve just made a stupid error, but I tried benchmarking gatling between 1.5.2 and 2.0.0-RC5 against the same /ping => pong service and got much different peak throughputs.
The 1.5.2 version peaks at ~23k RPS and the 2.0.0-RC5 peaks out at about 7.5k RPS.
- Done on a macbook pro (java 1.7.0-67), invoked via gatling.sh
- Server on same box as load driver
- Both runs were done against a totally warm service.
- Yes we would like to be able to drive more than 20k. We can and have done this over the network on a harder workload with 1.5.2 gatling.
- I’ve tried tweaking http settings and didn’t manage to get any wins.
The main differences between the two are:
- Gatling version
- .users(1000) vs .inject(atOnceUsers(1000))
The scripts used on each:
– 152 —
val httpConf = httpConfig.baseURL(“http://localhost:9114”)
val scn =
— 200RC5 —
val httpConf = http.baseURL(“http://localhost:9114”)
val scn = scenario(“Ping”)