Encountered SSL Handshake exception when recording a REST Call

I set the Recorder Listening port as 9999 and updated IE proxy to use localhost and 9999. Selected HTTPS mode as “Provided Keystore” and provided the .jks file path with password (hidden in screenshot).

However, I am not able to record from the REST client using Gatling recorder but able to get the response from REST client if I do it manually.

Here is the Error log from recording console,

18:49:26.815 [ERROR] i.g.r.h.h.u.HttpsUserHandler - Handshake failure with xxx.com/10.xx.xx.xxx:xxxxx
java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException: null

at org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.channelDisconnected(SslHandler.java:575) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:102) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireChannelDisconnected(Channels.java:396) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.close(AbstractNioWorker.java:360) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:93) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42) [netty-3.10.4.Final.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_65]

Could you please let me know if I need to configure something for this to work?

Regards,
Sathish

Hi,

I am unable to proceed with my POC because of the following issue. I tried the steps as provided in the documentation as shown below but I always encounter “Handshake failure” error.

Could you please help in fixing this?

Provided KeyStore
One can pass a full Java keyStore (JKS or PKCS#12 format) that contains the certificate to be used. This mode is useful if you have already generated a Java keystore for your application and want to reuse it for recording.

Regards,
Sathish

Please provider a reproducer.

Hi,

Sorry! I did not understand what you are asking for. Could you be more specific on what you are looking for?

Regards,
Sathish

I’m asking for a sample I could run to reproduce your issue.