Feature Request: FrontLine - Schedule a test

The situation is this: there is a job that runs every night at midnight. It runs for an hour. I need to run a long duration test. But I don’t want to have to wait until 1:30 or 2:00 am to kick it off.

I’m throwing it out there in case other customers might appreciate the idea: The idea is to have another option, to schedule a run at a specific date and time. Maybe between Start and Runs columns have a Calendar looking icon, and when you click it, it throws up a dialog. In that dialog, you can specify a date and time to run it, OR you can select recurring and set up a schedule. Then, a job that runs periodically could check the schedule and trigger jobs at the appropriate time.

Yes, I could do an API request, and write code to make it happen. But in the spirit of reducing friction, it would be nice (and another selling point) if it were a built-in feature.

Like I said, just throwing it out there for your consideration. :slight_smile:

Hi John,

People usually have a favorite scheduler: a CI solution, cron… So we’d rather not reinvent the wheel.
FrontLine provides:

• plugins for Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity so you can easily build jobs that would trigger your tests
  • a bash script for other CI solutions
  • a REST API, in the end you can start a test just with curl

Hope it helps.