Gatling snapshot version not generating reports

Hi,

I am running a snapshot version from sonar maven repo. When I successfully complete a test, I get the following stack, with no reports generated.

ENV:

• Java 1.7.0.51
  • Mac OS x Mavericks
  • Eclipse Kepler SR2

Simulation finished

Generating reports…

Parsing log file(s)…

Parsing log file(s) done

foo=Vector(PercentVsTimePlot(14,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(41,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(69,20.0), PercentVsTimePlot(97,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(124,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(152,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(179,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(207,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(235,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(262,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(290,0.0), PercentVsTimePlot(317,20.0),

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.ClassCastException: io.gatling.core.result.PercentVsTimePlot cannot be cast to io.gatling.core.result.IntVsTimePlot

at io.gatling.highcharts.component.RequestDetailsResponseTimeDistributionComponent$anonfun$1.apply(RequestDetailsResponseTimeDistributionComponent.scala:16)

at scala.collection.TraversableLike$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:244)

at scala.collection.TraversableLike$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:244)

at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:727)

at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1157)

at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72)

at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54)

at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:244)

at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.map(Traversable.scala:105)

at io.gatling.highcharts.component.RequestDetailsResponseTimeDistributionComponent$.apply(RequestDetailsResponseTimeDistributionComponent.scala:16)

at io.gatling.charts.component.impl.ComponentLibraryImpl.getRequestDetailsResponseTimeDistributionChartComponent(ComponentLibraryImpl.scala:20)

at io.gatling.charts.report.GlobalReportGenerator.responseTimeDistributionChartComponent$1(GlobalReportGenerator.scala:71)

at io.gatling.charts.report.GlobalReportGenerator.generate(GlobalReportGenerator.scala:80)

at io.gatling.charts.report.ReportsGenerator$anonfun$generateFor$2.apply(ReportsGenerator.scala:52)

at io.gatling.charts.report.ReportsGenerator$anonfun$generateFor$2.apply(ReportsGenerator.scala:52)

at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)

at io.gatling.charts.report.ReportsGenerator$.generateFor(ReportsGenerator.scala:52)

at io.gatling.app.Gatling.generateReports$1(Gatling.scala:170)

Would you be able to send us the “simulation.log” associated to this simulation?

Thank you.

As per your request.

(Attachment simulation.log is missing)

The “foo=” print is some crap I committed by mistake, it has nothing to do with your issue and I just removed it.

The ClassCastException is caused by a version difference between gatling and gatling-highcharts modules.
Are you sure both are aligned to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT?

Are you sure that SNAPSHOTs are properly updated on your side (like, could they be cached in an entreprise repository)? Which version of maven do you use?

Cheers,
Stéphane

Hi,

I am not sure that I have updated gatling-highcharts. All I did was create a new maven project using the Sona repo for Gatling. I haven’t done anything yet for gatling-highcharts. I am just using maven local repo.

I use m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse - 1.4.1.20140328-1905

Here is what I am seeing in the project I am running this from.

Could you please try this:
Right click on project > Maven > Update project > Check “Force update of Snapshots/Releases” > OK

Right-click on your project

Maven
Update project
Force update of Snapshots/Releases
OK.

is it better like that ?

Totally forgot that snapshots aren’t default. Tried that but it made no difference. Same exception.

It seems that your gatling-chart-highcharts is somehow stucked into an old version.
I checked that the correct version is deployed on Sonatype.

Could you please:

• stop eclipse
  • remove gatling directory from your local maven repo (in ~/.m2/repository)
  • restart eclipse
  • update maven project

est voila!

Reports generated in 0s.
Please open the following file: /Users/oviney/Documents/workspace/DSP_Track_POC/target/results/dspportallogin-20140415164929/index.html

thank you for the support

One single sane explanation: maven hell…

Have fun!