How to send which environment to on command line (and to to implement that into the script)

I need to run a Simulation from command line and be able to say "run in environment1, environment2 and so forth.

I know I can say i.e.

mvn gatling:test -Dgatling.simulationClass=MySimulationClass

and maybe add a parameter to that command, but how do I “receive” that in my simulation class?

Hi!

You may give system properties a try.

For instance, if I choose to name my property gatling.my.property:

In the simulation:

// imports

class MySimulationClass extends Simulation {

val myProperty = sys.props.getOrElse("gatling.my.property", "default value")

// use myProperty as any scala value
}

And I can launch with:

mvn gatling:test -Dgatling.simulationClass=MySimulationClass -Dgatling.my.property="my other value"

Cheers!

Thanks,
Just did what you said, but I think I got an plugin exception:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 3.611 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-05-20T20:59:43+02:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal io.gatling:gatling-maven-plugin:3.0.5:test (default-cli) on project gatlingtester: Gatling failed.: Process exited with an error: 255 (Exit value: 255) → [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal io.gatling:gatling-maven-plugin:3.0.5:test (default-cli) on project gatlingtester: Gatling failed.
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:215)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:957)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:289)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:193)
at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:564)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Gatling failed.
at io.gatling.mojo.GatlingMojo.execute (GatlingMojo.java:226)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 255 (Exit value: 255)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal (DefaultExecutor.java:404)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:166)
at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:153)
at io.gatling.mojo.Fork.run (Fork.java:153)
at io.gatling.mojo.GatlingMojo.executeGatling (GatlingMojo.java:287)
at io.gatling.mojo.GatlingMojo.iterateBySimulations (GatlingMojo.java:248)
at io.gatling.mojo.GatlingMojo.execute (GatlingMojo.java:214)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

I tried again (in the right catalog), but got:

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
Downloaded from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml (14 kB at 42 kB/s)
Downloaded from central: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml (20 kB at 60 kB/s)
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.757 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-05-20T21:04:51+02:00
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix ‘gatling’ in the current project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/Users/magnusjfuglerud/.m2/repository), central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoPluginFoundForPrefixException