How to solve the error with gatling launcher for jar in gatling scala? when upgraded from 3.7.6 to 3.9.0

How to solve the error with gatling launcher for jar in gatling scala? when upgraded from 3.7.6 to 3.9.0

I upgraded gatling version from 3.7.6 to 3.9.0
I updated the version in the build.gradle.kts file

plugins {
    id("scala")
    id("io.gatling.gradle") version "3.9.0"
}
gatling {
    logHttp = io.gatling.gradle.LogHttp.FAILURES
    logLevel = "WARN"
}
tasks.register<Copy>("prepareTests") {
    dependsOn("gatlingEnterprisePackage")
    from("bzt")
    from("$buildDir/libs") {
        include("${project.name}-tests.jar")
    }
    into("$buildDir/bzt")
}
repositories {
    maven {
        url = uri("https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/")
    }
}
dependencies {
    gatling("com.typesafe.play:play-json_2.13:2.10.0-RC7")
}

but soon after that when I executed the build I am getting below error

14:23:56 INFO: Downloading: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/gatling/highcharts/gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle/3.9.0/gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle-3.9.0-bundle.zip
100% [===========================================================================================================================================================================================] Time: 0:00:18
14:24:14 INFO: Unzipping /tmp/tmpcol8v6jb.zip
14:24:15 INFO: Installed Gatling successfully
**14:24:19 ERROR: Child Process Error: Can't modify gatling launcher for jar usage, ability isn't supported**
14:24:19 INFO: Post-processing...
14:24:19 INFO: Artifacts dir: /tmp/artifacts
14:24:19 WARNING: Done performing with code: 1

Please help me solve this issue
we are indeed Gatling Enterprise customer

gatling launcher for jar

What are you doing exactly? It seems you are riding on Gatling Enterprise features that should only be used with a Gatling Enterprise subscription. Are you indeed a Gatling Enterprise customer?

1 Like

Hello Rudra,

It looks like you might be trying to use Gatling in conjunction with a competitors product. Unfortunately we can’t provide support for that (it’s actually forbidden in the community’s terms and conditions).

If you are interested in using Gatling with Enterprise features I’d be happy to help you get set up with Gatling Enterprise and arrange a call to see how we can meet your needs and which version might work for you (we have Cloud and Self Hosted versions).

Feel free to email me pdutka@gatling.io.

All the best
Pete

1 Like