java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: You can't use HTTP/2: either OpenSSL is not available for linux_x86_64, or your Java version 17.0.8 is too old

I am seeing below error when i enable HTTP2

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: You can’t use HTTP/2: either OpenSSL is not available for linux_x86_64, or your Java version 17.0.8 is too old.
These are my os details
Operating System: Oracle Linux Server 7.9
Kernel: Linux 5.4.17-2136.325.5.1.el7uek.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

Make sure to use the latest Gatling version (currently 3.10.3).
If you still experience an issue after upgrading, please provide a reproducer as instructed here: How to Ask a Question

Hi
I am still seeing same issue even after upgrade. Here is the dependency tree
- io.gatling.highcharts:gatling-charts-highcharts:jar:3.10.3:compile
[INFO] - io.gatling:gatling-app:jar:3.10.3:compile
[INFO] - io.gatling:gatling-http:jar:3.10.3:compile
[INFO] - io.gatling:gatling-http-client:jar:3.10.3:compile
[INFO] ± io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:2.0.62.Final:compile
[INFO] ± io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:linux-x86_64:2.0.62.Final:compile
[INFO] ± io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:linux-aarch_64:2.0.62.Final:compile
[INFO] ± io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:osx-x86_64:2.0.62.Final:compile
[INFO] ± io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:osx-aarch_64:2.0.62.Final:compile
[INFO] - io.netty:netty-tcnative-boringssl-static:jar:windows-x86_64:2.0.62.Final:compile

I updated to latest gatling. Can you pls help what else i can look for
Thank you

Could you please verify the netty-tcnative-boringssl-static-2.0.62.Final-linux-x86_64.jar in your local maven cache? Can you unzip it and does it contain the expected META-INF/native/libnetty_tcnative_linux_x86_64.so file?

It seems maven central has some troubles and you might simply have a corrupted jar in your local maven cache.

I am not seeing the file you mentioned

What are the next steps which i can do can you pls help

Please properly check the name. This is the file for MacOS (OSX), not Linux.

Sry about that i can see the file you mentioned in the jar

Then, if that’s really what deployed on your Linux server you’re running Gatling on, I don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

You’ll have to provide a reproducer as described here: How to Ask a Question

It’s most certainly a deployment issue on your side, as it works as expected for other users and on Gatling Enterprise.

I executed my jar in the debug mode and i see this stack trace can you let me know if this can help in any way

17:21:04.471 [DEBUG] c.o.b.w.GenericWaiter - Total Latency for this API call is: 0ms
17:21:04.991 [INFO ] i.n.u.i.NativeLibraryLoader - /tmp/libnetty_tcnative_linux_x86_646262472033920761232.so exists but cannot be executed even when execute permissions set; check volume for “noexec” flag; use -Dio.netty.native.workdir=[path] to set native working directo
ry separately.
17:21:04.994 [DEBUG] i.n.h.s.OpenSsl - Failed to load netty-tcnative; OpenSslEngine will be unavailable, unless the application has already loaded the symbols by some other means. See Netty.docs: Forked Tomcat Native for more information.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to load any of the given libraries: [netty_tcnative_linux_x86_64_fedora, netty_tcnative_linux_x86_64, netty_tcnative_x86_64, netty_tcnative]
at io.netty.util.internal.NativeLibraryLoader.loadFirstAvailable(NativeLibraryLoader.java:114)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.OpenSsl.loadTcNative(OpenSsl.java:725)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.OpenSsl.(OpenSsl.java:151)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslProvider.isAlpnSupported(SslProvider.java:53)
at io.gatling.http.protocol.HttpProtocolBuilder.enableHttp2(HttpProtocolBuilder.scala:154)

I just want to give one more try . I see openssl is installed but i need to do some other changes for the jar to work .

I see noexec flag is set on /tmp as well
/var/tmp tmpfs tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
/tmp tmpfs tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime

Sorry, we can’t help this way.
It’s too time consuming for us to try to guess what you’re actually doing.
We can help if you provide a reproducer as requested, or if you contract with us for consulting or becoming a Gatling Enterprise customer.

Hi
Thank you for you help

I was able to fix the issue i was missing

kr.motd.maven
os-maven-plugin
1.4.0.Final

and that solved the problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.