Jenkins plugin - charts do not display if job fails

Hello,

I have Jenkins 2.6, Gatling 2.2, Gatling Jenkins plugin 1.2.0. OS is Windows 7 Enterprise. I’ve noticed that the “Mean response time trend” chart on the Jenkins job page, as well as the three charts on the Performance Trend page (when clicking the Gatling link from the job page) are not displayed when the most recent job has failed. I could not find a configuration option that controls this behavior. I would like the charts to be displayed regardless of the passing state of the most recent Jenkins Gatling job. Is this a known issue, or is it something I can configure?

Thank you,
Steve

Hi,

This is definitely an issue, but I can’t find a way to reproduce it. Can you provide me with the logs of your Jenkins?
Do you use others steps or actions in your build?

Are you restarting your Jenkins between the builds? We have a similar issue after restarting Jenkins (currently investigating).

Cédric Cousseran

Hello Cédric,

I took a look at the main Jenkins log, and sure enough I see some java-related exceptions. They occur when I click on the job page as well as when I click on the Gatling link from the job page. I’ve attached a zip file that contains a sample of the stack traces. The exceptions for the job page are after the line “Clicking on job page:”. The ones for the Gatling link are after the line “Clicking Gatling link:”. In brief:

Clicking on job page:

Jun 29, 2016 9:46:26 AM WARNING hudson.ExpressionFactory2$JexlExpression evaluate

Caught exception evaluating: action.isVisible() in /job/UnifiedAPI%20PSR/. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at hudson.model.AbstractProject._getRuns(AbstractProject.java:953)
at hudson.model.AbstractProject._getRuns(AbstractProject.java:144)
at hudson.model.Job.getBuilds(Job.java:706)
at io.gatling.jenkins.GatlingProjectAction.isVisible(GatlingProjectAction.java:54)
[…]

Clicking Gatling link:

Jun 29, 2016 9:47:29 AM WARNING hudson.ExpressionFactory2$JexlExpression evaluate

Caught exception evaluating: it.parent==app in /job/UnifiedAPI%20PSR/gatling/. Reason: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor393.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.jexl.util.PropertyExecutor.execute(PropertyExecutor.java:125)

Thanks,
-Steve

jenkins_log.zip (6.83 KB)

Issue corrected, the fix will be available in the next version of jenkins-plugin.

Thank you. When do you expect the next release to be available?

-Steve