Load Gap with constantUsersPerSec

Hi,

we have one scenario where we define the user rate with a perMinute value (because that’s whats specified) and we use a simple conversion to the user/sec rate:

Gatling version?

Gatling Version is 2.2.0

My guess at the moment is, that the period between two users is rounded to seconds.

For instance,
with 12 users/min, we have 5 seconds between users → no rounding.
with 18 users/min, we have 3.3 seconds between users → rounded down to 3, gap = 10% of duration (0.3 of 3.3), i.e. 12 min for 2 hour duration
with 24 users/min, we have 2.5 seconds between users → rounded down to 2, gap = 20% of duration (0.5 of 2.5), i.e. 24 min for 2 hour duration
with 30 users/min, we have 2 seconds between users, no gap, same load as with 24 users/min
with 36 users/min, we have 1.66 seconds between users, rounded up to 2, no gap, same load as with 30 or 24 users/min

while the total number of users within period - calculated with numTotal = rate * numberOfSeconds - is reasonably precise, given a duration >= 1/rate,
the waittime between each user in seconds seems to be to coarse for rates between 0 and 1 (because waittime is calculated by 1 / rate).

If that is really the case, I wonder how waittime is calculated for rates > 1, i.e. 2 users per second, waittime would be 0.5s → rounded down to 0? Doesn’t really make sense to me.

Gerald

Latest release is 2.2.3.
Before reporting an issue, could you please first:

• try upgrading

• if upgrading doesn’t fix the problem, check the bug tracker for an already reported issue
    Cheers,

We’re using the gatling-maven-plugin, the latests version there is 2.2.1 → same effect

In the bugtracker I found this issue https://github.com/gatling/gatling/issues/2940 → fixed in 2.2.0

I guess, its a bug, I’ll open a ticket for that

We're using the gatling-maven-plugin, the latests version there is 2.2.1
-> same effect

Apples and oranges.

The gatling-maven-plugin doesn't pull gatling, it requires you to provide
it (but it's only compatible with some version, plugin 2.2.X probably
doesn't work with Gatling 2.1.X).
See demo:

Please check which Gatling version you're using.
If you're not using Gatling 2.2.3, please upgrade.

*Stéphane Landelle*
*GatlingCorp CEO*
slandelle@gatling.io