Nast error when ruing mvn Gatlin on windowns 10 machine

Hi All,

I have a mav Gatlin scenario that runs fine on my MAC … but not on windows machine …

The command is :

mvn clean gatling:execute -Dgatling.simulationClass=site.builder.SiteVisitor

17:31:35.805 [main][ERROR][ZincCompiler.scala:156] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - Compilation crashed
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	... 67 common frames omitted
Wrapped by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
	at sbt.SimpleProcessBuilder.run(ProcessImpl.scala:349)
	at sbt.AbstractProcessBuilder.run(ProcessImpl.scala:128)
	at sbt.AbstractProcessBuilder$$anonfun$runBuffered$1.apply(ProcessImpl.scala:159)
	at sbt.AbstractProcessBuilder$$anonfun$runBuffered$1.apply(ProcessImpl.scala:159)
	at sbt.compiler.JavacLogger.buffer(AggressiveCompile.scala:237)
	at sbt.AbstractProcessBuilder.runBuffered(ProcessImpl.scala:159)
	at sbt.AbstractProcessBuilder.$bang(ProcessImpl.scala:156)
	at sbt.compiler.AggressiveCompile$$anonfun$forkJavac$1.apply(AggressiveCompile.scala:215)
	at sbt.compiler.AggressiveCompile$$anonfun$forkJavac$1.apply(AggressiveCompile.scala:210)
	at sbt.compiler.JavaCompiler$$anonfun$forkJavac$1.sbt$compiler$JavaCompiler$$anonfun$$externalJavac$1(JavaCompiler.scala:122)

After Further testing, this issue looks like a GATLING BUG

Tested two different Macs and WORKS
Tested two different WINDOWS and FAILS

<scala.version>2.11.7</scala.version>
<gatling-plugin.version>2.2.1</gatling-plugin.version>
<gatling.version>2.2.4</gatling.version>
<scala-maven-plugin.version>3.2.2</scala-maven-plugin.version>

Doesn’t look like a Gatling problem to me. It appears that you haven’t setup your Java runtime properly on the Windows machines.

Is javac even in your path? The error message suggests not.

Hi Barry ,
Thanks for your response to the issue. The strange thing is that I have a hello world another “Maven Gatling Hello world” that works fine … So my Java environments are fine and did a double check and look all good.
to give you a more exact picture of the issue. when the run gets to the stage below, it does a long pause for few seconds and carries execution happily on Mac , but in windows, after the long pause it crashes, Both logs for Mac and Windows attached…

similar one here but not able to understand what long string request meant ? also mentioned in here again.

11:02:47.337 [main][WARN ][ZincCompiler.scala:142] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - Pruning sources from previous analysis, due to incompatible CompileSetup.