Not able to setup client-side certificate in Gatling 2.2.5

Hi,

I am load testing a server which expects client-side certificate using SSL handshake. I did following steps -

1. Received .crt and .key file containing public key certificate and private key from the server developer.
  2. Added key into the java default keystore cacerts using keytool with alias as “anurag”
  3. Gave java default keystore as the keystore in the gatling.conf.

Now, when I am firing requests to the server. I get following exception -

java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names present

at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.matchIP(HostnameChecker.java:144)

at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.match(HostnameChecker.java:93)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:455)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:436)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:252)

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:136)

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1501)

I haven’t done this before. Can anybody guide me, if I am doing anything wrong in the steps or something more will be required. I tried converting my .pem encoded certificate to pkcs12 but when I add it into the keytool, it is not accepting it.

I also, have a related question. How does keystore know, which key to present during handshake from the 100+ keys stored in the keystore during any handshake.