Problem generating report with the -ro option

I’ve started using Gatling (currently on version 2.1.7-bundle), and I ran into a problem with generating reports with the -ro option.
I had to abort one of my simulations, and I wanted to generate the report after doing so. The problem is that I get an error like this:

`

./gatling.sh -ro recordedsimulation-1444732606498
GATLING_HOME is set to /home/m72926/Apps/gatling
Parsing log file(s)…
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at io.gatling.core.result.reader.DataReader$.newInstance(DataReader.scala:31)
at io.gatling.app.Gatling.start(Gatling.scala:77)
at io.gatling.app.Gatling$.fromArgs(Gatling.scala:59)
at io.gatling.app.Gatling$.main(Gatling.scala:44)
at io.gatling.app.Gatling.main(Gatling.scala)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: head of empty list
at scala.collection.immutable.Nil$.head(List.scala:420)
at scala.collection.immutable.Nil$.head(List.scala:417)
at scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.head(TraversableForwarder.scala:56)
at scala.collection.mutable.ListBuffer.head(ListBuffer.scala:45)
at io.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.io$gatling$charts$result$reader$FileDataReader$$firstPass(FileDataReader.scala:120)
at io.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$6.apply(FileDataReader.scala:123)
at io.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$6.apply(FileDataReader.scala:123)
at io.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.doWithInputFiles(FileDataReader.scala:65)
at io.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.(FileDataReader.scala:123)
… 9 more

`

I have attempted the following:

• Use the complete path name to the location of the report.

• Only use the foldername (directory name), like shown in the example above

• I attempted to set the “reportsOnly” parameter to the results folder in conf/gatling.conf

• I even attempted to use it on a simulation.log file that gatling had already used to generate a report with.
    The simulation.log contains only 1 header line.

Could this be because I executed it through Idea (Run Engine) instead of using the bundle? And are there any ways to run the -ro option through Idea?
Has anyone seen this problem before?

Your file is too broken to be parsed: it doesn’t even have a proper/full RUN record, which is the first line.
We could handle this more gracefully/explicitly but this is really a far edge case.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

I get that this could be the case for the interrupted simulation.log file, but what about when I’m using a simulation.log file that Gatling has successfully generated a report from (during runtime)?

onsdag 14. oktober 2015 16.51.31 UTC+2 skrev Stéphane Landelle følgende:

It usually works just fine to generate reports after-the-fact. Even for a terminated run. What mangled your file so badly?