Run all simulation scripts with maven command

Gatling version: 3.11.2 (must be up to date)
Gatling flavor: java
Gatling build tool: maven

Hello,
I want run all simulation classes in my project with one maven command, the main goal is to include this maven command in the CI/CD pipeline.

I’m using gatling-maven-plugin, but when i read the documentation I understand that it’s not possible to run all script with this plugin :

The `gatling:test` goal runs in interactive mode and suggests the simulation class to launch unless:
* there’s only one simulation available,
* or the Simulation class is forced with the `-Dgatling.simulationClass=<FullyQualifiedClassName>` Java System Property,
* or the non-interactive mode is forced, in which case the task will fail if there is more than 1 simulation available,
* or it’s in batch mode (`-B` Maven option), in which case the task will fail if there is more than 1 simulation available,
* or the `CI` env var is set to `true`, in which case the task will fail if there is more than 1 simulation available.

The execute goal it’s not exist to run all simulation script.
I use gatling-maven-plugin version 4.9.0

My questions :

1. how I can run all simulation scripts with a single maven command ?
  2. If this is not possible, how can I group all the scripts to run them from a single maven command or from a java main class (note that the Gatling-build-property class no longer exists)

Thnaks in advance :slight_smile:

From the documentation:

Use mvn gatling:help -Ddetail=true -Dgoal=test to print the description of all the available configuration options on the test goal.

Then, IMO, this usage doesn’t make much sense:

• in which order would the different load tests be triggered?
  • what is the expected behavior when one test has failing assertions?
  • how do the application state modifications by a previous simulation impact following ones?

Load tests are not unit tests. They should run in isolation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.