The simulation stops with an error after 24h

Hi,

I launched a simulation and after 24h and 10s it stops with the following error.
I already increased the simulation timout configuration property.
Do you know why this simuation stops.

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.core.result.reader.DataReader$.newInstance(DataReader.scala:26)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling.start(Gatling.scala:104)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling$.fromMap(Gatling.scala:54)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling$.runGatling(Gatling.scala:73)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling$.main(Gatling.scala:49)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.app.Gatling.main(Gatling.scala)
Caused by: scala.MatchError: ACTION (of class java.lang.String)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$com$excilys$ebi$gatling$charts$result$reader$FileDataReader$$process$3.apply(FileDataReader.scala:116)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$com$excilys$ebi$gatling$charts$result$reader$FileDataReader$$process$3.apply(FileDataReader.scala:115)
at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:772)
at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$22.foreach(Iterator.scala:451)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.com$excilys$ebi$gatling$charts$result$reader$FileDataReader$$process(FileDataReader.scala:115)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$12.apply(FileDataReader.scala:128)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader$$anonfun$12.apply(FileDataReader.scala:128)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.doWithInputFiles(FileDataReader.scala:64)
at com.excilys.ebi.gatling.charts.result.reader.FileDataReader.(FileDataReader.scala:128)
… 10 more

Regards,
Sébastien.

Hi Sébastien,

There’s actually 2 questions:

• Why did the Simulation stopped after 24h? The default simulation timeout is indeed 24h. You seem to say that you overrode this property. Are you sure you did it properly? Are you sure that you don’t have an old gatling.conf whose format doesn’t match the default one shipped in gatling-core (unzip the jar to get it)?
  • Why this stacktrace? This is a bug caused by the last record being truncated because your simulation timed out. I’ve just fixed it: https://github.com/excilys/gatling/issues/1074
    Cheers,

Stéphane

Hi Stéphane,

You’re right, I did a mistake on the Gatling configuration file, so the simulation was stopped as configured (after 24h).
I thought the error caused the simulation stop, but actually not.

Thanks,
Sébastien.

Glad to hear.
The fix for the stacktrace will be shipped in 1.4.7.