Using Gatling for WS testing towards WLS 12.1.3

Hi guys,

I’m looking at testing a web socket service running on a WebLogic 12.1.3 server but get some errors that I can’t really explain.

It seems the web socket opens fine, but when I send a text message it closes with code 1002. Or rather it seems
that my sendText and associated check with await is OK, but the socket is then closed. When I come to closing the
web socket I get the 1002 error.

Looking around on various forums and the RFC this seems to indicate a low level protocol error where either the client doesn’t
mask frames, or the server does. I can’t really tell which case this is though.

Does anyone have any experience using Gatling 2.1.7 and testing WS services based on WLS 12.1.3 ?

Is there perhaps a discrepancy on a web socket level between Gatling 2.1.7 and WLS 12.1.3 ?

On a side note, is there any way for me to log the response that I wait for ?
It would be nice to be able to verify that I actually do get anything meaningful back for debugging.

I’ve attached the simulation file as well as the results. Please have a look and make sure they are kosher as I’m new to
Gatling and Scala and might have made some obvious stupid mistake. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Niklas

ws_simulation.scala (1.09 KB)

ws_simulation_results.txt (3.27 KB)

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I tried adding logging of the web socket responses by uncommenting the ahc section in logback.xml with no effect:

Perhaps there is another logger specifically for web socket traffic ?

/Niklas

Hi,

Sorry for spamming. :slight_smile:

Fixed the logging by going to DEBUG instead of trace.

/Niklas

Final spam !

This tured out to be one of those pleasant bugs. User error ! :slight_smile:

I had an issue with the json messages I sent as part of our sub protocol which caused our service to (quite understandable) barf.

All is good, and Gatling rocks ! I only wished it had a distribution mechanism with controller/agents. :wink:

Cheers,
Niklas

Glad to hear, and thanks!
Distributed mode will be a paid feature.