Want to test the downloading of static files when a site is under load

Does .inferhtmlresources make each virtual user “download” images etc ?
I want ot loadtest a server hosting a site and I want each user to “call for the images and other resources”.

Thanks

Magnus

I have found this functionality to be very limited since a majority of images and other resources are not sourced from HTML content. It is called “inferhtmlresources” with an emphasis on the “html” part…

Quote from the gatling 2.2.3 docs on inferhtmlresources: “Other resources are not supported: css images, javascript triggered resources, conditional comments, etc.

One way to get around this could possibly be scripting the parsing of pages (including CSS) separately and then feed the list of resources for each page to Gatling. Ugly, yes, but it could work for you.

In my gatling report I have i.e. one request to a .css file as a aeparate request with responsetime ++. Then it seems to be working, as in the .css is actually being called an measured, right?

And how could I “scripting the parsing of pages (including CSS) separately and then feed the list of resources for each page to Gatling”. As separate calls (i.e. to be found using Firebug)?

Any recording proxy (like Charles or Fiddler) should do.