I’d want to load test a message queueing application I have written using Java and Atmosphere (https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere).
The application has two interfaces:
- a WebSocket interface to which interested clients connect and identify and wait for messages on
- a HTTP interface for sending messages to a specific client
So what I want to do is basically (in this given order):
- connect 100 unique clients to the WebSocket interface (and let them wait for data)
- send 1000 messages to the HTTP interface randomly distributed between the clients (which means every client will get about 10 messages)
- measure the time between a message was sent and when it was received by the correct client
I found another thread that might touch the same issue, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gatling/jqUGJsTWwQQ, but I’m not 100% sure that’s the case.
I’m quite new to both Gatling to Scala, and even though I have read through most of the documentation I haven’t figured if this possible with Gatling at all. So, is it possible? If yes, please point me to the appropriate documentation and/or tutorial.