akka://GatlingSystem/temp/* gets unavailable

Hi

I have written a Plugin for Gatling to run load tests against an Actor - Endpoint. Therefore my plug-in starts his own actors which is used for receiving ACKs from the application I like to test. This approach works fine until I’d like to produce a certain amount of load(simulation 150 sender). For some reason at some point of time I got this error

/22/2014 13:17:03.589] [GatlingSystem-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-32] [akka://GatlingSystem/temp/$CXh] Message [com.comApi.EnvelopeMsg] from Actor[akka.tcp://App-Local@ATP/user/ActorEndpoint/ComServActorEndpoint#-1146490951] to Actor[akka://GatlingSystem/temp/$CXh] was not delivered. [1] dead letters encountered. This logging can be turned off or adjusted with configuration sett.log-dead-letters’ and ‘akka.log-dead-letters-during-shutdown’.

after this error it seems my application (the one I would like to test) put my system into quarantine, and so the testing procedure is over.

I’m now wondering what causes this exception.

Help welcome

Wolfgang

Hi,

Which version do you use? Do you create your own children of Gatling’s ActorSystem?

Cheers,

Stéphane

I’m using 2.0.0-M3a

But I’ve found the “problem”.
I’m using an ask pattern inside my actor. After a timeout this actor gets unavailable. When I do now receive ACKs those message ends up in the deadLetters!!
So the behavior is fine.
The reason why it seems that gatling is put under quarantine from my application is because it is under heavy load. So basically I got what I want.

Regards

Wolfgang

Glad to hear!
Have fun!