Can the recorder save requests in binary files?

Hey everybody,

First of all, thanks for this fantastic tool! I’ve been playing around with it and like the DSL, the record, the simplicity of use.

I am sending binary POST requests and one thing I realize when capturing them with the recorder is that the generated Scala file doesn’t compile:

11:27:39.463 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - /Users/user/bin/gatling/user-files/simulations/Simulation.scala:27: unclosed string literal
11:27:39.466 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - .formParam("xsjs<** *
11:27:39.466 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - ^
11:27:39.466 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - /Users/user/bin/gatling/user-files/simulations/Simulation.scala:28: illegal character ‘\u0018’
11:27:39.466 [ERROR] i.g.c.ZincCompiler$ - *

What would be great is a way to tell the recorder to also put requests into external binary files. Just an idea!

– Kaspar

Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for your kind words.

Could you share the generated line that doesn’t compile, please?
We’re supposed to detect problematic characters and then wrap the String with triple double quotes instead of single ones.

In Scala, if you wrap a String with triple double quotes, you don’t have to escape the characters it contains. You can even write multiline Strings.
As a workaround, you can replace the single double quotes but triple ones, until we get this fixed.

Cheers,