Can't find recorded simulation script

Hi,

I’m a new user to Gatling and try and follow the process of the tutorial. One simulation script in window 7, but can’t execute it.
The Gatling installation directory is c:\gatling

The simulation is saved in the default folder
%gatling_home%\user-files\simulations
\default
\computerdatabase

Try to run the simulation with
%gatling_home%\bin\gatling.bat

The error message is:

Do I need to add additional arguments to execute it?
Thank you.

Regards,
Erxin

Which version of Gatling you are using? I run Gatling follow the documentation on http://gatling.io/docs/2.1.7/quickstart.html and it works well.you need not add additional arguments. there are some demo scripts already there.

Either you forgot to click on the Save button, or your recorded simulation is too huge to be compiled as a single Java/Scala class file.
In master, we’ve fixed the issue where the compiler silently fails to compile such class.
Atm, you have to manually split it into multiple classes.
Contribs welcome to automatically handle such situation in the Recorder.

Other recipients:

I used the latest 2.1.7 and it is installed on a clean window 7 64-bit machine with java 1.9.0-ea. Check my the other reply for more detail error information. Thanks for your helping. On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 5:15:55 PM UTC+8, xcorpio

I used the latest 2.1.7 and it is installed on a clean window 7 64-bit machine with java 1.9.0-ea. Check my the other reply for more detail error information. Thanks for your helping.

I’m using the current latest version. The save button is clicked for sure. The recorded script could be found at the %gatling_home%\user-files\simulations\default folder. There is a file named RecordedSimulation.scala which content is posted with in the snapshot. It is not 100% follow the training but should work too.

To execute the script I try to run the gatling.bat. At the beginning there is a java command line option error

After remove the command line option -xx:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42. The error is gone but gatling can’t find the recorded script. My java version is 1.9.0-ea 64-bit.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,thanks.
I don’t know how to solve this problem, but i can provide some clues .

It seems that Gatling 2.1.7 is not works well under JDK 1.9. Thanks for your helping! I will switch to JDK 1.8.

Sorry, I didn’t notice you were trying to run Gatling w/ JDK9.
We don’t support it atm.

It’s OK. I always want to try with the latest technology and then there will be a risk for this. Thanks for the helping from this great community. :slight_smile: