Delete action is not getting captured

Delete action is not getting captured in the Gatling recorder. When I upload the HAR file and recorder.bat file successfully generated the java class file but in that class file there is no DELETE action but only SAVE action. I have attached the screenshot for your reference .

The https://computer-database.gatling.io/ application is read-only. All write actions are fake. It’s a free shared service we provide for all, so we can’t afford some users breaking it or posting offending data.

How it is offending data? Can you please explain?

ex:

• delete some entries used in the tutorial, resulting in other users to not be able to go through it.
  • inserting computer names with racist names.
  • inserting hundreds of millions of new computer and blow up the database.

It’s not about you and what you’re doing, it’s about what some people could do and have done in the past.

So this service is read only, period. If you’re looking for a non read-only application, you’ll have to use another one.

I am not using read-only data. This is Original data on our DEV env. DELETE action is not getting captured in the recorder.bat via HAR file. I am not talking about read-only data some computer based data. DELETE is an AJAX operation and not getting captured. It may be an error in Gatling or something is wrong in my setup.

Sorry for the confusion.
If your DELETE request is missing from your HAR file, there’s nothing we can do, the issue is with your HAR exporter.
If your DELETE request is present in your HAR file, then please provide it so we can investigate. Note: make sure to use the latest Gatling version.

Below is the link of HAR file. Once you try to access it, I will provide grant access to you.

OK, I have your HAR file.
At which line in there is the request you think is not converted to Gatling?

I have sent you the Java files via email. These Java files generated by recorder.bat

That’s not what I asked.

At which line in (your HAR file) is the request you think is not converted to Gatling?

In HAR file, I am not sure about which line didn’t convert to Gatling. But in JAVA file there is no such action and also when I executed the Gatling, DELETE action didn’t happen because I changed the ID also manually.

Hello Sachin,

As I mentioned before, we generally do not look at scripts and correct your errors for you for free. (We could do paid consulting, training, etc. if you are a Gatling Enterprise customer). This is a community to help answer questions about Gatling and help you learn :slight_smile:

I fear here we’re already doing a lot. We can’t be analyzing a full HAR file and a full script (especially one that’s been manually altered) without any direction on our end.

If you can provide specifics we can look but otherwise it’s difficult.

All the best,
Pete

The only manual modification is the ID. NO Change. When I executed gatling.bat then DELETE action is not happening at because the count in the DB remains same. How we can proceed from here? If I changed the ID, then IDs that got generated in the JAVA file will be the one which got deleted during the simulation (recording of HAR file), so in that case, DELETE won’t happened. To avoid that condition, I just changed the ID in the generated JAVA file and those IDs are very much available in the DB. From where I got the ID? I took IDs from “Inspect Element” (ROW IDs).

Hi @sachinpadha,

Where is the DELETE action in the HAR file?
Our recorder should be able to translate this but only if it exists.
Otherwise, the fault lie in the tool that capture this HAR file.

Or you can use the Recorder as a proxy.

Cheers!

Recorder as a Proxy is not working that I had already verified.

Please assist on this issue. Still Dynamic Ids are not working.

Hi @sachinpadha,

No need to ask for help if you don’t provide new information.
Please provide a complete reproducer.

A step by step usage of a public API in order to let us be able to see the issue.

Cheers!

Delete action is not getting captured in the Gatling recorder. When I upload the HAR file and recorder.bat file successfully generated the java class file but in that class file there is no DELETE action but only SAVE action.

Please let me know, what information you required. I had uploaded the HAR file already.

Please let me know if you need more information

If it is a asynchronous site developed with a language as angular or other, the page executes a javascript.
Gatling seems do not execute the javascript: it uses HTTP protocol requests.
So, the button evenement can do not captured.