errors in eclipse

I am trying to configure Eclipse to be able to run gatling test. I have a file that I created using Gatling recorder, however in eclipse I get bunch of errors like
grizzled-slf4j_2.9.2-0.6.10.jat is cross-compiled with an incompatible version of Scala(2.9.2)

any ideas why I am getting this?

I got past this issue, but now I am getting
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.excilys.ebi.gatling:gatling-maven-plugin:1.3.4:execute (default-cli) on project gatling-maven-project: Gatling failed. Java returned: 1 → [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.excilys.ebi.gatling:gatling-maven-plugin:1.3.4:execute (default-cli) on project gatling-maven-project: Gatling failed.
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)

Honestly, I have no idea what you’re doing and what happens on your project.

Could you please provide:

• eclipse version
  • Scala IDE plugin version (and check that it’s the one for Scala 2.9, not Scala 2.10)
  • m2e version
  • m2e-scala version
    Stéphane

This set up is plug-and-play, for real!!!

honestly, I am having such a hard time just to get a simple test working in eclipse. I know its all me, but I can’t figure it out.

I installed Maven 3.0.5
I installed eclipse with the Scala IDE
m2e version 1.3
m2e-scala version 3.0.0.v-2_10-201303191346-dac2f1c
Scala plugin version reads 3.0.0.v-2.10-201…

All I want to do is create a project in eclipse to run my Gatling test.

Hi,

It looks like you’re using an old version of Gatling (1.3.4).
You should update to 1.5 :wink: (open pom.xml, look for gatling.version, change the version and you’re done)
Looks like you’re using the Scala 2.10 version of Scala IDE, but Gatling 1.X uses Scala 2.9…

Cheers,

Pierre

Bull’s eye!

Here’s a procedure, please stick to it!

• Download eclipse Juno (4.2) classic (no need for JEE)

• Help > Install New Software > Add => install Scala IDE 3.0.0 (with Scala 2.9 for Gatling < 2, with Scala 2.10 for Gatling >= 2, if you want to you both, you’ll need 2 separate eclipse installations and workspaces)

• Help > Install New Software > Add => install everything from scala-m2e (it has the latest m2e too, and no need for maven, it has an embedded version)

• Maven > Archetypes > Add Remote Catalog => add Excilys catalog

• New > Other > Maven > Maven Project => create a new project with gatling archetype

• Run As > Scala Application => Recorder for recording and Engine for simulating

Beware that we don’t support old Gatling versions, upgrade to 1.5.

Like always, eclipse behaves much much better if you use a recent JVM and that you tune it properly in eclipse.ini.
Here are my options:

-Xmn256m

-Xmx2048m
-Xss2m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:+AggressiveOpts
-XX:+OptimizeStringConcat
-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods
-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
-XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Thank you so much for your help. Both you and Pierre. I finally have this working.