Gatling Run on gRPC requests failing when number of requests are more than 5

Hi, I am new to gatling and even newer to grpc tests using gatling but I am facing the following issue.

I am trying to a gatling scenario and with the following setup it works -

setUp(scn.injectOpen(constantUsersPerSec(1).during(5))).protocols(baseGrpcProtocol);

All the 5 requests run, but the moment I increase the duration to 6,

setUp(scn.injectOpen(constantUsersPerSec(1).during(5))).protocols(baseGrpcProtocol);

The gatling run stops with no clear exceptions. There is just a warning that

GATLING GRPC TRIAL VERSION: gRPC protocol usage is limited, test will shut down when exceeding 5 virtual users or 5 minutes duration. Unlimited usage available on Gatling Enterprise: https://gatling.io/products.

I know there can’t be more than 5 users concurrently in the free version but that never happens here. Each user finishes their request much before 1 second to ever be more than 5 users at once.

I also tried using
setUp(scn.injectClosed(constantConcurrentUsers(1).during(1))).protocols(baseGrpcProtocol);

But even this sends multiple requests to the server and dies after the 5th request.

I don’t even get any exception as to why it’s failing. Just a gradle exception that Build failed with an exception.

Hi,

As explained in the license of this plugin and in its documentation, the version you can use locally is limited and only meant to be used for crafting the test locally.

You can only run at full load with a Gatling Enterprise subscription.

The limit is not 5 concurrent users, it’s 5 users in total since the test starts.

constantConcurrentUsers(1)

Assuming virtual users complete their journey in 20 ms, you’ll have injected 5 users after 100 ms.

Okay, got it. Thanks!