Gatling scenario set up: rampUsers over duration (is default duration milliseconds or seconds?)

Hi Team,

We are new to gatling and framework, we are trying to test a server using the simulation.

Question we have is on below line. What is implied if the myramp is 0 and users are 100?. Does that say we are injecting 100 users at once? since myramp is 0?

“scenario.inject(rampUsers(users) over myRamp”

I understand we have one more like “atOnceUsers(10)” . But want to check if our above understanding is correct?

Also what is the default of ‘myramp’ is it in milliseconds or seconds?

Any help is appreciated. I tried to find this information online, but couldn’t found it anywhere.

Thanks

Hi,

We are new to gatling and framework, we are trying to test a server using the simulation.

If you are new to Gatling, you really shouldn’t go with Gatling 2 (as shown in the syntax you use) which has reach end of life (no longer maintained, as good as dead).

Question we have is on below line. What is implied if the myramp is 0 and users are 100?. Does that say we are injecting 100 users at once? since myramp is 0?

“scenario.inject(rampUsers(users) over myRamp”

I understand we have one more like “atOnceUsers(10)” . But want to check if our above understanding is correct?

Indeed, that’s what happens in Gatling 3.

Also what is the default of ‘myramp’ is it in milliseconds or seconds?

Have you given it a try? You’d have most of the answers you’re looking for with a quick test.

Regards,

Stéphane Landelle

GatlingCorp CTO
slandelle@gatling.io

Thanks Stephane for your suggestion.

We now upgraded to 3.0.2 using the migration guide. Thanks for that and it was so helpful.

Also we figured out that default is seconds if you don’t specify anything.

All good for now.

Thanks
Venkata