Gatling Supports Ajax ?

this is regarding a web browser Load test using gatling. i’m having a drop down once i clicked on that it will send an ajax call to db and reeving drop down data from a table.table as below.

>dropdown_did|drodown name|
>12089       |Samsung     |
>12090       |Apple       |

Drop down html as below.

<div id="ext-gen274" class="x-combo-list-inner" style="width: 148px; margin-bottom: 8px; height: 63px;">
<div class="x-combo-list-item">--Select--</div>
<div class="x-combo-list-item x-combo-selected">Samsung</div>
<div class="x-combo-list-item">Apple</div>
</div>

when gatling recorder is ran it records drop down selection with “dropdown_did” .for an example formParam(“Dropdown” , “12089”) .but when re running i need to run example as formParam(“Dropdown” , “Samsung”) , but it fails.Can any have any idea to solve this issue ? formParam(“Dropdown” , “12089”) is also fails.

i’m using “gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle-2.1.6-bundle”

Sometimes you can’t just blindly replay HTTP traffic. With a complex client-side application, you have to understand the logic that is taking place in the browser. The Gatling Recorder is great for telling you what the browser did when you were recording, and how that translates into HTTP requests, but then you need to turn that into code that makes sense for how your application really works.

Tx a lot for the reply .u mean that i need to do some manual work with scala to handle ajax is it ? Not like jmeter ???

/Lahiru

AJAX is not special. But you will have to ensure that Gatling does the right thing in composing those AJAX queries. If Record and Playback doesn’t work, that is a sign that the application is doing something that you need to make Gatling do, too.