Graphite and gatling results discrepancy

Hi,
I have configured gatling with graphite as per direction on gatling.io documentation.In the html result of gatling, i am getting req/sec varies between 70 to 100 i.e. at one point it goes to 100,but in graphite readings are not getting increased than 75,is there any more configuration settings required in graphite?

Could you provide more information, please?
https://github.com/gatling/gatling/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#filing-bug-reports

The most important one here is the version you use.

Version i am using is 2.0 RC2. Is there any particular setting other than documentation?

Thanks,
Akshay

Hi,
I have moved to RC3 build …Attaching screenshots from graphite and gatling both. In gatling you can see result is gone below 5000 at one point but in graphite it is not showing that point.When i have watch the running result with 1 sec refresh it has gone to some point below 5000 but in final graph that point is not plotted in graphite. Storage aggregation and gatling. conf is also attached.Please let me know if i am missing anything.

storage-aggregation.conf (829 Bytes)

gatling.conf (10.6 KB)

From what I see, you have way more plots in the gatling charts that in Graphite (seems like 1 plot per minute). As req/s is an average computation (number of requests during a time bucket / bucket duration), the less plots you have, the less precision of course.

Hi Akshay,

Can you please share your Graphite storage-schemas.conf? It look like you miss these lines:

[Gatling stats]
priority = 110
pattern = ^gatling\..*
retentions = 1s:6d,10s:60d

Cheers

Daniel

Hi,

Can you please share your storage-schemas.conf? It looks you might be missing the lines descibed in the documentation:

[Gatling stats]
priority = 110
pattern = ^gatling\..*

Cheers

Daniel

Hi Akshay,

Could you please share your storage-schemas.conf? It looks like you might be missing these lines, as described in the documentation

[Gatling stats]
priority = 110
pattern = ^gatling\..*

Cheers

Daniel

Hello Daniel,
That configuration is present in storage.schemas.conf, but still it is not plotting graph for seconds. Please find attached storage-scemas.conf.

Thanks,
Akshay

storage-schemas.conf (821 Bytes)

Hi Akshay,

Question: did you try to run your Gatling script before you made the modifications to storage-schemas.conf? If so, you need to delete the whisper files or resize them.

From graphite docs:

http://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/config-carbon.html

"Changing this file will not affect already-created .wsp files. Use whisper-resize.py to change those."

Cheers

Daniel