Highchart Reports are showing 2 different time zones between the graphs and the report header [2.0.0]

I think I might have found a bug in the report display.

The report header in upper right-hand corner shows date and time for the test as 2014-10-09 05:49:38. This coincides with initial Gatling console entry for my test ( 2014-10-09 05:49:38 0s elapsed).

The test ran for 3 hrs. Final entry from my console confirms this with an entry of 2014-10-09 08:50:43 10865s elapsed.

However when I look in my beautiful html charts, the graphs for this time period start at 22:49 and end at 01:50. (see screenshot)

Neither the console or the report specify time zone offsets, but I would hazard guess that the console shows UTC time and the charts are showing Local time. This is a little awkward because this test ran through midnight and finished early the next day so there are also differing dates.

This causes grief for users who are trying to correlate test data across multiple systems. The displayed times and dates should be clearly marked with their time zone offsets or all use the same default time zone for consistency.

Is this something that could be fixed from the Gatling side, or is it a Highcharts issue?

Hi Nadine,

All dates displayed (whether it is in the console display, or the charts) use your current timezone but :

• The date in the header is fixed and uses the timezone of the machine which ran Gatling and generated the reports.

• The dates in Highcharts charts uses the timezone of your browser
    If Gatling was ran on a machine in a different timezone, then the header was set to this timezone once and for all.
    We’ll modify the reports and display the header date in the local timezone + the current timezone.

Fixed : https://github.com/gatling/gatling/issues/2307
This will be included in the upcoming Gatling 2.0.1.

Cheers,

Pierre

Awesome. That will help us sort through the data.

There are lots of dots to connect, and Gatling is just one of many data sources.

I just upgraded to version 2.0.2 today and saw the change you mentioned for 2.0.1.

So nice! :slight_smile: