How to improve the load test servers?

Hello team, right now I’m using gatling open source but planning to use the enterprise soon. We have a load test server and it will target our DB servers. But I’ve encounters these types of error when running thousands of users per seconds.

j.n.BindException: Address already in use: no further information
j.n.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connetions reached?): no further information

Hi @raymart.bernardo,

Gatling tried to use a port that is already used by another process. Is Gatling the only application running on the load generator?

j.n.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connetions reached?): no further information

Did you configure your OS as described in the documentation?

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

First, are these errors on the Gatling load generator instance, or on the application instance? Are you hosting both of them on the same instance.

This means you’re trying to bind a server socket on a port that’s already used. Hence it’s on the server side, not the client/Gatling one.

Here’s the applications running on our server during running the gatling.

Hi @raymart.bernardo,

Sorry, but I don’t know Windows.
And I’m pretty sure we don’t support running Gatling on Windows.

Gatling helps you to find performance issue on your application server or your network. But we cannot help with all the different topology of application and server that exists. You will need to get help from your ops our the application developers.

Cheers!

@raymart.bernardo hope I’m not to late ?
I encountered this error once when I was trying to run a huge set of users, the solution was here

In short, open your cmd and run this command:

netsh int ipv4 set dynamic tcp start=1025 num=57975

1025 and 57975 is just sample range of ports, you can change to your usage.
Hope this help !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.