Is there a way to pass multiple simulation classes from gatling command line

Hi,
I was trying to pass multiple gatling simulations from command line.
-Dgatling.simulationClass=“simulation1,simulation2” . Its returning me an error saying class cannot be found even though I’m using comma separated. Could some one help me regarding his issue.

Hi @sbongunuri,

gatling.simulationClass is singular. You can only give one class.

What do you want to achieve?

1. Sequential simulations => launch gatling twice (one per simulation)
  2. Parallel simulations => Not realistic, it will be a different simulation where all scenario are run in parallel. Do you know you can configure injection profile to have several scenario in parallel?

Cheers!

Yeah I have a class which can run all simulations using population builder, but was finding a way whether this can be done via command line.
If gatling.simulationClass is singular is there a way to specify using other command from command line please.
Thanks

No, it’s not possible.

The reasoning is the following:

• multiple unrelated tests running concurrently on the same machine are going to compete for resources (CPU, memory, IO), and can mess up with each other so results won’t be meaningful
  • what you’re describing look like different scenarios running inside the same simulation, not multiple simulations

Thanks for you prompt response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.