Multiple error when running load testing with more than 2 simultaneous users

Hello,

I am running a load test with more than two users (or virtual users) and I am getting the following error in the output:

13:18:14.673 [DEBUG] o.j.n.h.s.SslHandler - Failed to clean up SSLEngine.
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer’s close_notify: possible truncation attack?
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:208) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1630) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1598) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.closeInbound(SSLEngineImpl.java:1528) ~[na:1.7.0_65]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.closeEngine(SslHandler.java:657) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.channelDisconnected(SslHandler.java:649) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:102) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireChannelDisconnected(Channels.java:396) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.close(AbstractNioWorker.java:360) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:93) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:318) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42) [netty-3.9.4.Final.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [na:1.7.0_65]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [na:1.7.0_65]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_65]

Has anyone run into this before? I am also seeing 403 errors below but I’m not sure if this is because I am running gatling from my machine and my server is rejecting the multiple requests because it’s coming from the same ip address or something else.

Has anyone run into any of this before?

My2cents: you’re trying to log multiple users with the same credentials, and your application has protection against such misusage and logs out previous duplicate sessions, hence the 403.

The DEBUG log “javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer’s close_notify: possible truncation attack?” means that your server doesn’t handle connection closing properly.