Play restart?

Hi Stephane,

I am facing one more issue:

After running a scenario, I have to every time go and restart the play server or else Gatling is throwing errors. Can I rerun the scenarios without going to have restart the play ?

Thanks,
Divya

Hi Divya,

Please open an issue and we’ll see what we can do.
Otherwise, fork a new JVM instance, just like the maven plugin does.

Cheers,

Stéphane

Hi Stephane,

I have created a new issue - https://github.com/excilys/gatling/issues/1528. Meanwhile I will try forking new JVM instance.

Thanks,
Divya Soman

Hi Stephane,

Inside Runner.scala, there is ''system.shutdown", is this shutting down the actor system? and is this the cause for restart of play?

Below is the error am getting if I try to re-run the scenario without play restart:

14:36:02.733 [ERROR] play - Cannot invoke the action, eventually got an error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot create children while terminating or terminated

14:36:02.748 [ERROR] application -

! @6gbndif3c - Internal server error, for (POST) [/run] →

java.lang.IllegalStateException: cannot create children while terminating or terminated

at akka.actor.dungeon.Children$class.makeChild(Children.scala:180) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.1.4.jar:na]

at akka.actor.dungeon.Children$class.attachChild(Children.scala:41) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.1.4.jar:na]

at akka.actor.ActorCell.attachChild(ActorCell.scala:306) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.1.4.jar:na]

at akka.actor.ActorSystemImpl.actorOf(ActorSystem.scala:512) ~[akka-actor_2.10-2.1.4.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.action.builder.FeedBuilder$.io$gatling$core$action$builder$FeedBuilder$$newInstance$1(FeedBuilder.scala:31) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.action.builder.FeedBuilder$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(FeedBuilder.scala:33) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.action.builder.FeedBuilder$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(FeedBuilder.scala:33) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at scala.collection.mutable.MapLike$class.getOrElseUpdate(MapLike.scala:189) ~[scala-library.jar:na]

at scala.collection.mutable.AbstractMap.getOrElseUpdate(Map.scala:91) ~[scala-library.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.action.builder.FeedBuilder$.apply(FeedBuilder.scala:33) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.structure.Feeds$class.feed(Feeds.scala:34) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at io.gatling.core.structure.AbstractStructureBuilder.feed(AbstractStructureBuilder.scala:27) ~[gatling-core-2.0.0-M3a.jar:na]

at controllers.WebHooks.(WebHooks.scala:44) ~[na:na]

Hi,

No, Play and Gatling have separate actor systems.

Could you try latest snapshot, please?

sure, I will try and update you.

Let me know if you need help for upgrading your simulations.

Then, as I said in another thread, beware that simulations can only run sequentially. You can’t run multiple Gatling instances at the same time in the same JVM.

Hi Stephane,

I am getting build error - unresolved dependency of io.gatling.highcharts#gatling-highcharts;2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: not found. I am atttaching my build.scala here. COuld you have a look?

Build.scala (2.94 KB)

The dependency is gatling-charts-highcharts, not gatling-highcharts.

sorry, I took a little time for updating you. With the new jars, I am getting the following error:

setUp(scn.inject(atOnce(2)))

.protocols(httpProtocol) is throwing error, not able to find atOnce method. I imported

import io.gatling.core.controller.inject._ but still showing up errors. I am attaching the file here.

gatlingsample.scala (719 Bytes)

Here is the correct syntax now : atOnceUsers(2)

Thanks, its not showing up an errors.

am getting another error:

[WARN] [11/28/2013 09:21:04.038] [New I/O worker #1] [EventStream(akka://play)] [akka.event-handlers] config is deprecated, use [akka.loggers]

and Gatling is not running.

Hey Stephane, its working with the latest release :slight_smile:

Thanks !!

Nice!

Let’s reformat:
found : ( Status, Session, Request, Response) => List[Unit]
required: (String, Status, Session, Request, Response) => List[Any]

Obviously, there’s now an additional String parameter. It contains the request name.

sorry to disturb with such a silly mistake :frowning:

No pro, that’s a change that happened since 2M3a. :slight_smile: