Process all the data in a feed, then continue with simulation?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to test using an entire set of data. I do not seem to find a proper feeder strategy for that.

• Queue strategy would stop the simulation with an error when the collection of data is exhausted (“next on empty iterator”)

• Random strategy does not guarantee that all the data will be used once and only once

• Circular strategy does not come with a limit, forcing me to know in advance the number of elements in my data (is there a way to do that?)

• Concurrent Queue strategy is not much different from Queue strategy in this context

Am I missing something? Is there a way to know how many elements are available?

Many thanks,

Eric

Let’s say you use csv(“foo.csv”), it actually returns an Array[Record], so you can get its length with… “.length” :slight_smile:

Hm… I am surely missing something, but the type is actually (in 2.0.0M3) an AdvancedFeederBuilder[String], so I get a “value length is not a member of io.gatling.core.feeder.AdvancedFeederBuilder[String]” error.

That said, I did find that I can get a data() method, which is an array:
csv(“ids.csv”).data.length

That still fails after a while with a “next on empty iterator” error, but I guess it could be coming from something else.

yeah, right.

But why don’t you plug your number of users on the data length?

You mean, hard-coding the number of rows in the simulation code? Essentially because the feed data will change in time. So I separately have a script that regularly re-generate the ids.csv file.

Hell no!

I mean for example:

val feeder = csv(“foo”)

setUp(scn.inject(atOnceUsers(feeder.data.length)))

Oh, I see.
Well, my goal is to get each users to use all the values in the feeder. As far as I can tell, the code you propose would only allow me to use one value per user.

I lacked this information :slight_smile:
See answer in the other thread.