RE: Websockets

Hey Gatling team,

I have a question about the new version of Gatling. Is it supports the web socket load testing fully? As i read some comments Gatling support for web sockets is really basic for now - it allows you to test that the server can open numerous connections and keep them open am i correct in this one or Does it support fully in new version of Gatling?

Thanks
Vamsi

No idea where you read such a comment, but it’s wrong.

You can check the official documentation for yourself for what’s supported atm.

What’s not supported atm:

• mixing binaries and text frames on the same WebSocket
  • non blocking flows and checks
  • waiting for inbound frames that don’t react to outbound ones
    If some of those features are must have for your organization, feel free to contribute them, or sponsor their implementation.

Hi Stephane,
Thank you for your quick response Stephan. I am trying to do a load test with web sockets to do some post call by sending some audios as content in the header . I am not able to get how to do that .
I didn’t get enough information from the official documentation as well . I am able to do the functionality on jmeter but it has some drawbacks(one query per user only and reporting is not so good gatling) .
I would really appreciate it if you could provide some examples on how we can do it ?

Thanks ,
Vamsi

Hi Stephane,
Thank you for your quick response Stephan. I am trying to do a load test with web sockets to do some post call by sending some audios as content in the header . I am not able to get how to do that .
I didn’t get enough information from the official documentation as well . I am able to do the functionality on jmeter but it has some drawbacks(one query per user only and reporting is not so good gatling) .
I would really appreciate it if you could provide some examples on how we can do it ?

Thanks ,
Vamsi