Site with Windows Auth

I’ve been looking at trying to run load tests to simulate 100 simultaneous users on a SharePoint based site using Windows Authentication against and AD. It appears that Gatling might be able to serve that need, but I’m running into a couple issues, and I don’t want to go too much further if it wont work.

1. It seems like every time I try to use the recorder all I get are 401s when I try to enter the correct user credentials. I have no problems with the user when I remove the proxy setting

2. While I see where you can post params for a user and password, is there a way once I generate the scala to dynamically set the user credentials? It seems like the recorder is trying to hard set the Authorization header, which won’t work for what I need to do.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Ryan

1. It seems like every time I try to use the recorder all I get are 401s when I try to enter the correct user credentials. I have no problems with the user when I remove the proxy setting

Sorry I could have sworn i put that in the first part, but it is NTLM against an AD.

There’s some NTML, Kerberos and Spnego stuff in Async Http Client (the underlying Http Client lib) for sure.
The problem is that I think none of Gatling’s core committers can get there hands on such an environment.
Help would have to come from the community.

Sorry I can’t help,

Stéphane

One could try to use
http://www.ioplex.com/jespa.html
To simulate such an environment.

In addition, one would have to fake the domain controller - maybe using a simple ldap server?

Stefan

Unfortunately that’s not going to be much help. We’re going to be using the login with an SSO system, and need to be able to benchmark the entire system under those conditions for a customer. I may just have to grab the code myself and dig in, although we’re still evaluating several other options too. Thanks for you help.

Ryan

Once again, sorry for not being of much help here, and good luck.