Understanding of errors during execution

Hello everyone, I noticed quite a strange behavior that I can’t comprehend, so I’m asking for help with it.

Here is the problem, we have a simulation that executes a bunch of requests, during execution we can see different kinds of errors, some of them expected and some of them not, below you can see an example:

On the screen, you can see find.transform.exists, found nothing, as I understand the happens when we couldn’t find data with the check(), but errors such as Failed to build request: No attribute named 'takeId' is defined, they are happening not so often by I want to know why and how? I understand that it happens because it didn’t extract data but if check failed we should see an error related to that check
but it just went straight to the next request where we are using this attribute.

Note: number of requests in this test simulation is 1063212, so they are not happening that often.

So if someone can explain and propose a variant of how to resolve that kind of error, I will really appreciate it. The only solution for this I have in my mind is to check every value and fail the request if it’s not found to retry it…

Thank you in advance!

Hello @Dmytro!

As I understand, one request failed because it cannot find the wanted attribute in the current location.
Another request (after in the scenario, I guess) failed as well because the attribute wasn’t saved in the session.

If I translate the question in my own word: “Why the second request does not fail as often as the first request?”

I can see 2 reasons:

1. The scenario uses branching and/or conditional and the second request is not executed as often as the first one.
  2. The scenario uses loops and the attribute may be saved in session previously.

Note that even if a request failed, the scenario goes on to the next request. You may want to use exitHereIfFailed.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Hello @sbrevet!
You are right, I’m using loops in my scenario, I will try to add exitHereIfFailed before going to loops.

Thank you a lot for your advice!