What are the prerequisites to run Endurance test in Gatling open source

Hi There,

I need to run a Endurance test(planning for 5 hrs) for my application. Can anyone suggest if there are any prerequisites/essential that I need to set/implement in my IDE/Gatling for a best test.

below are my system configurations:

System RAM: 8GB
IDE Heap Size : Already set to ~4GB

Your response will alway be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Thatโ€™s usually a bad idea to run a load test from your laptop or desktop:

• forget about load testing on wifi
  • you probably have tons of other processes running on this machine that would compete for resources (CPU, bandwidth, memory) with the load test process.

You should be using your IDE for crafting and use a server machine for the actual load test.

My Bad. I forgot to mention that I am using Gatling/IDE in VDE only for endurance test.

No idea what you mean, but I fail to see what it would change wrt to my comment.

I mean to say that I am not running my test in local and using client Virtual machine only.

I assume server machine is client machine. Let me know if I understood it wrong.

And, were you trying say that use IDE only for scripting and debugging?

Thanks

I assume server machine is client machine. Let me know if I understood it wrong.

So? It also runs processes for your IDE and streaming the rendering on your machine, and probably more. These processes would harm the performance of your load test and make the results unstable and not to be trusted.

And, were you trying say that use IDE only for scripting and debugging?

Exactly. For your real load test, use a machine where no other CPU/memory/bandwidth process run.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.