With upgrade of gatling-maven-plugin, my jsonFile() method in my simulation class is no longer using the configFolder property defined in my pom.xml

With upgrade of gatling-maven-plugin, my jsonFile() method in my simulation class is no longer using the configFolder property defined in my pom.xml.

Previously I was using version 3.1.1 of gatling-maven-plugin in my pom.xml and wanted to upgrade to use the latest and greatest. However, upon updating I am now seeing an error when I try to run my performance test indicating that the test cannot find my feeder file, something like:

Could not load feeder file: Resource requestdata.json not found

If I update the scala file to hard code the path of the feeder file I can work around this, by changing from something like this
val jsonFeeder = jsonFile("requestdata.json")
to something like this:
val jsonFeeder = jsonFile("performance/data/requestdata.json")

Does anyone know why the test is not picking up my pom configuration? It looks like this and worked with previous versions:

<configuration>
  <configFolder>src/test/java/performance/data</configFolder>
</configuration>

Thanks

I think you shoud use:

<parameter>
          <name>resourcesFolder</name>
          <alias>rsf</alias>
          <type>java.io.File</type>
          <required>false</required>
          <editable>true</editable>
          <description>Use this folder as the folder where feeders are stored.</description>
</parameter>

instead of:

<parameter>
          <name>configFolder</name>
          <alias>cd</alias>
          <type>java.io.File</type>
          <required>false</required>
          <editable>true</editable>
          <description>Use this folder as the configuration directory.</description>
</parameter>
1 Like

Thank you! Using resourcesFolder instead of configFolder solved the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.