Building from source missing lib folder

Hello,

I have pulled the latest from gatling git. When I build the project using sbt I get

sbt clean compile packageBin publishLocal

I’m getting gatling-bundle-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip but the zip file is missing \lib folder with all the necessary jars.

Any suggestions

Hi,

Please follow our development guide : http://gatling.io/docs/2.1.3/developing_gatling/building_gatling.html
It explicitly states that in order to get a working bundle, you’ll need to build both gatling then gatling-highcharts.

Cheers,

Pierre

Good day Pierre,

I have followed the instructions but the same result, the /lib folder is missing. I don’t understand why we have two separate project and how they’re integrated together during build process?
I have compiled both of the projects gatling and gatling-highcharts and then build sbt publishLocal publishM2 from gatling project. Which in turn creates the gatling-bundle-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

Good day Pierre,

I have followed the instructions but the same result, the /lib folder is missing. I don’t understand why we have two separate project and how they’re integrated together during build process?

As stated in the documentation, the projects are split for licenses reasons.
About the build process :

• Building gatling builds and packages the necessary JARs and publish them, along with publishing a simple bundle with all the static resources.
  • Building gatling-highcharts builds its own JARs, and use the JARs from gatling to build the full bundle.

Therefore, you’ll need to rebuild gatling-highcharts every time you want to build a new bundle with all your latest changes.
As this can be tedious when frequently doing changes, we, core Gatling developers, prefer using one of our build tools integrations, which would always use the latest locally published JARS.

Cheers,

Pierre

Pierre, firstly I want to thank you for such a quick response.

Looks like I’m having internal sbt problem where compiling and publishing gatling correctly places .jars files to publishLocal and publishM2. However, gatling-highcharts throws an exception where it’s unable to find file.

Running

Not exactly sure there is anything we can do here, except upgrading sbt-native-packager (the plugin which causes the failure), hoping that it would fix your issue…

Have you tried disabling your antivirus?

I have the same problem with you,have you solved this problem?

在 2015年1月24日星期六 UTC+8上午6:14:12,Ziyod Abdullayev写道:

Probably totally unrelated, but shouldn't you be using JDK 8 with > 2.2.0 (current release 2.2.3)

And why don't you build from the below example (if using SBT) and not the downloadable bundle?
https://github.com/gatling/gatling-sbt-plugin-demo

Aidy