Compile Gatling 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT from source tree

Hi all

Looking to do a few dev things against current snapshot branch - can anyone advise me how to build from source?

Specifically - I seem to be having issues with fetching from public repo before it looks up the local build artefacts when building gatling-highcharts.

Current steps -

1. I collect source from github for gatling and gatling-highcharts repos.

2. I have made changes to the gatling project, no change to gatling-highcharts

3. In gatling, I run $ sbt clean compile packageBin publishLocal
    When I view bundle at /home/jason/.ivy2/local/io.gatling/gatling-bundle/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/zips/gatling-bundle-bundle.zip, I can see my changes have been applied

4. In gatling-highcharts, I run $ sbt clean compile packageBin publishLocal, it seems to take a long time to “update” and “resolve” the packages, and then builds. However, the resulting file in /home/jason/.ivy2/local/io.gatling.highcharts/gatling-charts-highcharts/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/zips/gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle.zip does not actually contain the changes which were expected based on the “gatling” project build.

Running scala 2.10, sbt 0.13.

Thanks
Jason

Hi Jason,

SBT only automatically updates deps when build configuration has changed, even snapshots.
If you have compile gatling project locally and want those new versions to be reflected in ivy cache, you have to run “update” when building gatling-highcharts project.

Cheers,

Stéphane