Different results (amount of messages/request) with same scenario

Dear all,

I’m running Gatling 2.3.0 with a scenario as defined here . When running this scenario for 8 hours I’m receiving different results, i. e. the amount of messages being submitted differs (about millions of messages vs. hunderts of thousands of messages).

The only thing which has changed compared to the above mentioned scenario is the integration of one another message. I’m retrieving the content of the message by using a file reader. The service (a routing service responsible for forwarding JMS messages) has been up and running during the load test.

Being a very large string message I’m using - as mentioned - a file reader:

val pdubloadmessage = scala.io.Source.fromFile("pdubload.txt").mkString

And added yet another scenario:

val scnpdubloadMessage = scenario("Load testing GPRS InboundQueue on MQ-HOST-1 with PDUpload-Message").during(8 hours) { exec(jms("F&F testing with MessageID PDUpload").send .queue("FLEETBOARD.GPRS_MESSAGES.QUEUE") .textMessage(pdubloadmessage) ) }

And ramping up:

`
// configuration for MQ-HOST-1
setUp,
scnpdubloadMessage.inject(rampUsers(40) over (1 seconds)).protocols(jmsConfigMQ1),
// remainding lines omitted - see link above for the full scenario

`

Attached you’ll find the reports being generated. One day 7.976.342 messages and after adding the scenario as described here (scnpdubloadMessage) only
102.336 messaged. Eeach run lasted about 8 hours ans has been succesfully finished each time.

Does anybody have any idea how this can be? Seems Gatling not being able to inject the defined amount of messages, but why? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best
Philipp

index.html (420 KB)

index.html (420 KB)

Dear all,

I’m running Gatling 2.3.0 with a scenario as defined here . When running this scenario for 8 hours I’m receiving different results, i. e. the amount of messages being submitted differs (about millions of messages vs. hunderts of thousands of messages).

The only thing which has changed compared to the above mentioned scenario is the integration of one another message. I’m retrieving the content of the message by using a file reader. The service (a routing service responsible for forwarding JMS messages) has been up and running during the load test.

Being a very large string message I’m using - as mentioned - a file reader:

val pdubloadmessage = scala.io.Source.fromFile("pdubload.txt").mkString

And added yet another scenario:

val scnpdubloadMessage = scenario("Load testing GPRS InboundQueue on MQ-HOST-1 with PDUpload-Message").during(8 hours) { exec(jms("F&F testing with MessageID PDUpload").send .queue("FLEETBOARD.GPRS_MESSAGES.QUEUE") .textMessage(pdubloadmessage) ) }

And ramping up:

`
// configuration for MQ-HOST-1
setUp,
scnpdubloadMessage.inject(rampUsers(40) over (1 seconds)).protocols(jmsConfigMQ1),
// remaining lines omitted - see link above for the full scenario

`

Attached you’ll find the reports being generated. One day 7.976.342 messages and after adding the scenario as described here (scnpdubloadMessage) only
102.336 messaged. Eeach run lasted about 8 hours ans has been succesfully finished each time.

Does anybody have any idea how this can be? Seems Gatling not being able to inject the defined amount of messages, but why? Thanks a lot in advance.

May this has something to to with open file handles?