Gatling 2.2 is out!

The Gatling Team is very pleased to announce that we’ve just released Gatling 2.2.

This release includes:

• Gatling core and highcharts 2.2.0
  • Gatling maven plugin and archetype 2.2.0
  • Gatling sbt plugin 2.2.0
  • Gatling Jenkins plugin 1.1.2

Please check the documentation for more details regarding new features, changes and migration path.

Enjoy!

It would be an understatement to say that Gatling is gaining traction - its use has exploded.

Every developer, tester and devops engineer with access to a GNU/Linux server is writing simulations and appending them to their CI pipleline.

JMeter was the de-facto open-source load tool, but it won’t be for long.
In fact, bloated badly designed proprietary load tools favoured by large organisations should also be running scared.

Gatling has just got things right, whereas no other load tool has. I know much work went into 2.2.0 and I am surprised it wasn’t a 3.0.0 release.
I have also had the pleasure of reviewing FrontLine which removes the current pain of clustering and the use of a plethora of Unix monitoring tools.
It also looks nice.

Pick up your Scala books and improve the performance of your systems with Gatling.

Many Thanks

Aidy

Thanks for your kind words, Aidy!

A lot of effort indeed went into 2.2.
Some of it could go unnoticed, like migrating both AsyncHttpClient and Gatling to Netty 4, but it brought more stability and performance, like OpenSSL and native transport support, and paved the way for implementing HTTP/2 support.
We’re looking forward to your feedback!

Regarding FrontLine, if you’re interested, please get in touch!

Cheer,s

Good stuff Stephane. Quick question. There used to be a conf folder for gatling config files. The 2.2.0 bundle does not have any. Are we removing configuration options going forward?

Thanks,
Abhinav

A bug indeed. We’ll try to fix asap. Thanks for reporting!

It was an issue with our release process. Fixed bundle should be up in half an hour.

Thank you!