Gatling command line question

So I have to load test AWS application in distributed environment. I have tried scaling out feature and it works fine.

Question is there a way I pass simulation name other defaults in a script or in one line instead of interactively? I may have to do it on multiple servers and it will be easy to do it there.

P.S - withoug sbt tools:)

Here would be a good start: http://gatling.io/docs/2.0.2/general/configuration.html

Thanks. I tried those options.

Eg

1. gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s user-files/ESPSimulation - can not be found in the classpath
  2. gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s user-files.ESPSimulation - same issue
  3. C:\Gatling\bin>gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s C:\Gatling\user-files\simulations\user_files\ESPSimulation.scala - can not be found in the classpath
  4. and on…

I may have tried almost 20 other ways but I could not get it to pass arguments on one line

Then I tried the following option

gatling.bat -nr -rd test - This still asked for description.

What is it that I am doing wrong. BTW, tried -m option but it is only available for SBT plugin, which seems like an overkill to install just for passing arguments.

Thanks. I tried those options.

Eg

1. gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s user-files/ESPSimulation - can not be found in the classpath
  2. gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s user-files.ESPSimulation - same issue
  3. C:\Gatling\bin>gatling.bat -nr -rd test -s C:\Gatling\user-files\simulations\user_files\ESPSimulation.scala - can not be found in the classpath
  4. and on…

This is because user-files/simulations is only the folder under which your simulations lives.
When passing a simulation class using -s, you pass the FQCN (Fully Qualified Class Name) of the simulation class, e.g. the class name preceded by its path in your packages.
In your case, since ESPSimulation doesn’t seem to be in a specific package (unless you specified one in the class), it’s -s ESPSimulation.

I may have tried almost 20 other ways but I could not get it to pass arguments on one line

Then I tried the following option

gatling.bat -nr -rd test - This still asked for description.

What is it that I am doing wrong. BTW, tried -m option but it is only available for SBT plugin, which seems like an overkill to install just for passing arguments.

There was some arguments combinations that were not possible in Gatling 2, and -m is one of them.
It was, when introduced, specifically used by the SBT plugin so that no simulationID or run description is asked (which would be really painful if you have a bunch of simulations to run).
This has been fixed in Gatling 2.1 snapshots, and the "mute mode” is now “compatible” with all the launchers (bundle, maven archetype/plugin and SBT plugin).

Thank you Peirre. Will try it with 2.1. snapshot.