Launch gatling recorder programmatically

Hi,

I would like to configure and launch gatling recorder programmatically (without using the UI). Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Not currently.
Could you describe your use case, please?

Actually, I would like to generate several simulations from several end to end tests. So I thought it could be possible to automate that rather than creating each simulation manually.

This would be extremely useful. We mostly use gatling to capture the requests between our client and server programs, and when we release new versions of the software, the requests may change significantly. Therefore we have to re-capture all of our existing simulations manually. We have been trying to find time to try to figure out a way to automate that, but had been relying on the assumption that we could programatically interact with the recorder in some way.

There is the gatling sbt plugin which has a recorder task not sure if Stéphane filtered that out for any reason?

In principle you could drive the client via some hopefully more stable interface (eg in Web reuse adapted selenium acceptance test scripts or equivalent) and from the same Co ordinating process control the recorder to generate the scripts.

I have the same medium term goal but there’s some WIP to complete before we would be able to add multi scenario recording and other similar features.

Thanks
Alex

This would be extremely useful. We mostly use gatling to capture the requests between our client and server programs, and when we release new versions of the software, the requests may change significantly. Therefore we have to re-capture all of our existing simulations manually. We have been trying to find time to try to figure out a way to automate that, but had been relying on the assumption that we could programatically interact with the recorder in some way.

@pdalpra thinks it might be possible to have a headless recorder mode but I don’t know if he has the cycles for this at the moment. I don’t.
Please fill a request feature.

Hi,

I’m also working on a similar feature, where I can run severral scenrios from configuration and I need to know how can I programateically invoke Gatling Recorder. Can anyone help on this regard?