Received fatal alert: protocol_version

Hi Group,

I am getting the following failures when I an trying to run a script generated using HAR file. The url have the https.
How can I resolve this? Any ideas.
Also, I am not able to record the application directly from the recorder so I used HAR File method.

Simulation com.auto.test.FirstTest started…
20:15:20.577 [WARN ] i.g.h.a.ResponseProcessor - Request ‘request_0’ failed: j.n.ConnectException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version
20:15:22.617 [WARN ] i.g.h.a.ResponseProcessor - Request ‘request_116’ failed: j.n.ConnectException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version

My best guess is that your server uses SSLv3, which is disabled in Gatling by default as it’s very insecure and broken.
If that’s indeed the case, fix your server, you have a major issue here.

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for your reply. I verified SSLv3 is not one of the selected protocols in Internet Explorer options and I am able to access the website.
I tried both options , recording does not record anything on the website and converting from HAR file results in this error. I am new to load
testing and was very excited about the simplicity Gatling offers but I am not able to move forward.

Is there anything I can double check to make sure I am setting the HTTPS recording options/certificates correctly.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
Sahil

What’s your website address?

Hi Stéphane,

It’s an internal website.

Thanks!
Sahil