Running 48 hours gatling, quit at 50% without warning or anything with the report generated showing the 24 hours running

I was using gatling on my testing for 48 hours. But it finish the test at around 24 hours (50%). Nothing get disrupped just like a good run, But I can see from the gatling out put, every scence showed it only finished 50%.

It is very weird. Can you help to find out why?

Thx
Shawna

For gatling output, this is the last line:

---- ViewMessage Scence --------------------------------------------------------
[#####################################- ] 50%
waiting: 37492 / running: 1 / done:37507
---- Requests ------------------------------------------------------------------

Global OK=3740759 KO=14852
/images/jive-icon-sprites-med.png OK=37505 KO=3
/styles/jive-global.css OK=37502 KO=6
cslogin OK=599997 KO=113
cslogin Redirect 1 OK=599994 KO=3
cslogin Redirect 2 OK=599991 KO=0

---- Response Time Distribution ------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Gatling defines a simulation timeout, defaulting to 86400 seconds (= 24 hours).
You’ll just have to increase this timeout to fit your needs.
The configuration key to change in gatling.conf is simulation, in the timeOut block.

Cheers,

Pierre

ahh, got it. Thx a lot!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Have fun with Gatling !

I tried this one on the gatling:

timeOut {
#simulation = 360000 # in s
#actor = 5 # in s
}

But gatling still quit at 24 hours. Should I also change actor?

Could you provide your Gatling version and paste your whole gatling.conf file, please?

gatling-charts-highcharts-2.0.0-M2

Gatling uses the config lib from Typesafe: https://github.com/typesafehub/config
Gatling uses a fallback strategy: System props > gatling.conf (located at classpath root) > gatling-defaults.conf (located at classpath root in gatling-core jar).

If you want to override a property thanks to gatling.conf, you have to uncomment it = remove the leading #.
So here, you’re problem is that you didn’t remove the # before simulation.

Stéphane